Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to unclassified: unclassified excavation
1. Not placed or included in a class or category: unclassified mail.
2. Of, relating to, or being official matter not requiring the application of security safeguards: unclassified defense documentation.
1. not arranged in any specific order or grouping
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (of information) not possessing a security classification
3. (Soccer) (of football results) not arranged in any special order or in divisions
4. (Rugby) (of football results) not arranged in any special order or in divisions
1. not assigned to a class or category.
2. (of data, documents, etc.) not requiring a security clearance; not secret or confidential.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unclassified - not subject to a security classification|
classified - official classification of information or documents; withheld from general circulation; "thousands of classified documents have now been declassified"
|2.||unclassified - not arranged in any specific grouping|
classified - arranged into classes