Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. Not engaged in or involving trade or commerce.
2. Not in accord with the spirit or methods of commerce.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Commerce) not concerned with commerce or trade
2. (Commerce) not in accordance with the aims or principles of business or trade
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
un•com•mer•cial(ˌʌn kəˈmɜr ʃəl)
1. not engaged in or involved with commerce or trade.
2. not producing or likely to produce a profit: an artistic but uncommercial film.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uncommercial - not conducive to commercial success; "might prove arty and hence uncommercial"- H.E.Clurman|
noncommercial - not connected with or engaged in commercial enterprises
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.