Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Yet to be crowned: an uncrowned queen.
2. Having the power or influence of a monarch or other prominent figure but not the title: the uncrowned king of the espionage world.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) having the power of royalty without the title
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) not having yet assumed the crown
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) uncrowned king uncrowned queen a man or woman of high status among a certain group
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. not or not yet crowned.
2. having royal rank or power without occupying the royal office.
[1350–1400; Middle English uncrouned. See un-1, crowned]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uncrowned - not having an (artificial) crown on a tooth; used especially of molars and bicuspids; "uncrowned teeth badly in need of attention"|
dental medicine, dentistry, odontology - the branch of medicine dealing with the anatomy and development and diseases of the teeth
crowned - having an (artificial) crown on a tooth; "had many crowned teeth"
|2.||uncrowned - not (especially not yet) provided with a crown; "the uncrowned king"|
crowned - provided with or as if with a crown or a crown as specified; often used in combination; "a high-crowned hat"; "an orange-crowned bird"; "a crowned signet ring"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
uncrowned[ˈʌnˈkraʊnd] ADJ → sin corona
the uncrowned king of Scotland → el rey sin corona de Escocia
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj (lit, fig) → ungekrönt
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007