Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Not cultivated by standard agricultural methods: uncultivated vegetables; uncultivated ground.
2. Socially unpolished, uncultured, or unrefined.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Agriculture) (of a garden, fields, the earth, etc) not having been tilled and prepared or planted
2. (Horticulture) (of a garden, fields, the earth, etc) not having been tilled and prepared or planted
3. (of a mind, person, etc) not improved by education
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uncultivated - (of land or fields) not prepared for raising crops; "uncultivated land"|
cultivated - (of land or fields) prepared for raising crops by plowing or fertilizing; "cultivated land"
|2.||uncultivated - (of persons) lacking art or knowledge|
unrefined - (used of persons and their behavior) not refined; uncouth; "how can a refined girl be drawn to such an unrefined man?"
|3.||uncultivated - characteristic of a person who is not cultivated or does not have intellectual tastes; "lowbrow tastes"|
nonintellectual - not intellectual
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. In a primitive state; not domesticated or cultivated; produced by nature:
2. Not civilized:
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
uncultivated[ˌʌnˈkʌltɪveɪtɪd] adj [land] → inculte
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
uncultivated[ʌnˈkʌltɪˌveɪtɪd] adj → incolto/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995