Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to underdeveloped: Underdeveloped countries
1. Not fully developed: seeds with underdeveloped embryos.
2. Processed in too weak a developing solution, or for too short a time, or at too low a temperature to produce a normal degree of contrast. Used of film.
3. Having a low level of economic productivity and technological sophistication within the contemporary range of possibility; developing: underdeveloped countries.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. immature or undersized
2. (Sociology) relating to societies in which both the surplus capital and the social organization necessary to advance are lacking
3. (Photography) photog (of a film, plate, or print) processed in developer for less than the required time, thus lacking in contrast
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
un•der•de•vel•oped(ˌʌn dər dɪˈvɛl əpt)
1. improperly or insufficiently developed.
2. (of a photographic negative) less developed than is normal, so as to produce a relatively dark positive lacking in contrast.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||underdeveloped - relating to societies in which capital needed to industrialize is in short supply|
nonindustrial - not having highly developed manufacturing enterprises; "a nonindustrial society"
|2.||underdeveloped - not yet fully developed |
immature - not yet mature
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Econ) [country, society, economy] → subdesarrollado
2. (Anat) → poco desarrollado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
underdeveloped[ˌʌndərdɪˈvɛləpt] adj [country, region] → sous-développé(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
underdeveloped[ˌʌndədɪˈvɛləpt] adj (country) → sottosviluppato/a; (baby, muscles, photo) → non ben sviluppato/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
a. subdesarrollado-a; en desarrollo.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012