Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to underdeveloped: Underdeveloped countries
1. Not fully developed: seeds with underdeveloped embryos.
2. Processed in too weak a developing solution, or for too short a time, or at too low a temperature to produce a normal degree of contrast. Used of film.
3. Having a low level of economic productivity and technological sophistication within the contemporary range of possibility; developing: underdeveloped countries.
1. immature or undersized
2. (Sociology) relating to societies in which both the surplus capital and the social organization necessary to advance are lacking
3. (Photography) photog (of a film, plate, or print) processed in developer for less than the required time, thus lacking in contrast
un•der•de•vel•oped(ˌʌn dər dɪˈvɛl əpt)
1. improperly or insufficiently developed.
2. (of a photographic negative) less developed than is normal, so as to produce a relatively dark positive lacking in contrast.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||underdeveloped - relating to societies in which capital needed to industrialize is in short supply|
nonindustrial - not having highly developed manufacturing enterprises; "a nonindustrial society"
|2.||underdeveloped - not yet fully developed |
immature - not yet mature
underdeveloped[ˌʌndərdɪˈvɛləpt] adj [country, region] → sous-développé(e)
a. subdesarrollado-a; en desarrollo.