Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. Not adhering to promises, obligations, or allegiances; disloyal. See Synonyms at faithless.
b. Breaking trust in a marriage or relationship by having sexual relations with someone other than one's spouse or sexual partner.
2. Not justly representing or reflecting the facts or a primary source; inaccurate: an account that was unfaithful to what really happened; a translation that was unfaithful to the original.
1. not true to a promise, vow, etc
2. not true to a wife, husband, lover, etc, esp in having sexual intercourse with someone else
3. inaccurate; inexact; unreliable; untrustworthy: unfaithful copy.
4. obsolete not having religious faith; infidel
5. obsolete not upright; dishonest
1. not faithful; false to duty, obligation, or promises; disloyal.
2. not sexually faithful to a spouse or lover.
3. not accurate or reliable; inexact: an unfaithful translation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unfaithful - not true to duty or obligation or promises; "an unfaithful lover"|
inconstant - likely to change frequently often without apparent or cogent reason; variable; "inconstant affections"; "an inconstant lover"; "swear not by...the inconstant moon"- Shakespeare
faithful - steadfast in affection or allegiance; "years of faithful service"; "faithful employees"; "we do not doubt that England has a faithful patriot in the Lord Chancellor"
|2.||unfaithful - having sexual relations with someone other than your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend; "her husband was unfaithful"|
faithful - not having sexual relations with anyone except your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend; "he remained faithful to his wife"
|3.||unfaithful - having the character of, or characteristic of, a traitor; "the faithless Benedict Arnold"; "a lying traitorous insurrectionist"|
disloyal - deserting your allegiance or duty to leader or cause or principle; "disloyal aides revealed his indiscretions to the papers"
|4.||unfaithful - not trustworthy; "an unfaithful reproduction"|
inaccurate - not exact; "an inaccurate translation"; "the thermometer is inaccurate"
1. faithless, untrue, two-timing (informal), adulterous, fickle, inconstant, unchaste She was frequently left alone by her unfaithful husband.
faithless faithful, constant
faithless faithful, constant
خَائِنغَيْر مُخْلِص، خائِن
không chung thủy
unfaithful[ˈʌnˈfeɪθfʊl] ADJ → infiel (to a)
unfaithful[ʌnˈfeɪθfʊl] adj unfaithful (to sb) → infedele (a qn)
not loyal and true. dislojaal غَيْر مُخْلِص، خائِن неверен desleal nevěrný treulos utro άπιστος, μη αφοσιωμένος infiel truudusetu بی وفا؛ بدقول epäuskollinen infidèle לא נֶאֱמָן विश्वासघाती nevjeran hűtlen tidak setia ótrúr infedele 不誠実な 충실하지 않은, 부정직한 neištikimas neuzticīgs; nodevīgs tdk setia ontrouwutro, troløsniewiernydesleal infidel неверный neverný nezvest neveran otrogen, trolös ซึ่งไม่ซื่อสัตย์ sadakatsiz, aldatan 不忠實的 невірний, віроломний بے وفا không chung thủy 不忠实的