unfetter(redirected from unfettering)
Related to unfettering: inhibition
tr.v. un·fet·tered, un·fet·ter·ing, un·fet·ters
1. To free from fetters or other physical bonds.
2. To free from restraints or inhibitions.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. to release from fetters, bonds, etc
2. to release from restraint or inhibition
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. to release from fetters.
2. to free from restraint; liberate.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: unfettered
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011