unfix(redirected from unfixes)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. un·fixed, un·fix·ing, un·fix·es
1. To detach or unfasten: unfix bayonets.
2. To undo or cancel the arrangement of: unfix an appointment.
3. To cause to be unstable or uncertain: an experience that unfixed her beliefs.
4. To alter (one's gaze) from a single object or direction.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. to unfasten, detach, or loosen
2. to unsettle or disturb
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v.t. -fixed -fixt, -fix•ing.
1. to render no longer fixed; unfasten; detach.
2. to unsettle, as the mind or habits.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: unfixed
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011