Also found in: Thesaurus.
un·fo·cusedalso un·fo·cussed (ŭn-fō′kəst)
1. Not brought into focus: an unfocused lens.
2. Not centered on anything specific: "my unfocused broodings about love and loyalty" (John le Carré).
1. (of eyes) open but not looking at anything
2. not clearly formed or showing a clear purpose
3. (Photography) (of an image) blurry
4. (of the mind) lacking focus or attention
1. not brought into focus; lacking proper focus: an unfocused camera.
2. lacking a clear purpose, direction, or target.Also, esp. Brit.,un•fo′cussed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unfocused - (of an image) not being in or brought into focus; "at their edges things were pretty much out of focus"|
|2.||unfocused - not concentrated at one point or upon one objective; "diversity...in our huge unfocused country"- Owen Wister|
distributed - spread out or scattered about or divided up