Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
adj. un·god·li·er, un·god·li·est
1. Not revering God; impious.
2. Sinful; wicked.
3. Outrageous: had to leave for work at an ungodly hour.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, -lier or -liest
a. wicked; sinful
b. (as collective noun; preceded by the): the ungodly.
2. informal unseemly; outrageous (esp in the phrase an ungodly hour)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. -li•er, -li•est.
1. not accepting God or a particular religious doctrine; irreligious; atheistic.
2. sinful; wicked; impious: an ungodly life.
3. outrageous; shocking; dreadful: an ungodly hour to drop in.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||ungodly - characterized by iniquity; wicked because it is believed to be a sin; "iniquitous deeds"; "he said it was sinful to wear lipstick"; "ungodly acts"|
wicked - morally bad in principle or practice
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. wicked, corrupt, sinful, vile, immoral, depraved, profane, blasphemous, godless, irreligious, impious My folks had nothing to do with ungodly people.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= profane) → impie
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n the ungodly pl → die Gottlosen pl
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
ungodly[ʌnˈgɒdlɪ] adj (person, language, action) → empio/a (fam) at an ungodly hour → a un'ora allucinante
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995