Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Not previously known; unknown.
2. Without precedent; unparalleled.
3. Highly offensive; outrageous or brazen.
1. previously unknown: an unheard-of actress.
2. without precedent: an unheard-of treatment.
3. highly offensive: unheard-of behaviour.
1. unprecedented: an unheard-of scientific advance.
2. outrageous: unheard-of extravagance.
3. not previously known: the debut of an unheard-of singer.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unheard-of - previously unknown; "a first novel by an unheard of writer"; "developments on an unheard-of scale"|
unknown - not known; "an unknown amount"; "an unknown island"; "an unknown writer"; "an unknown source"
1. unprecedented, inconceivable, undreamed of, new, novel, unique, unusual, unbelievable, singular, ground-breaking, never before encountered, unexampled In those days, it was unheard-of for a woman to work after marriage.
2. shocking, extreme, outrageous, offensive, unacceptable, unthinkable, disgraceful, preposterous, outlandish the unheard-of rate of a bottle of rum for $30