Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. un·horsed, un·hors·ing, un·hors·es
1. To cause to fall from a horse.
2. To overthrow or dislodge; upset.
1. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) (usually passive) to knock or throw from a horse
2. to overthrow or dislodge, as from a powerful position
3. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) rare to unharness horses from (a carriage, etc)
v.t. -horsed, -hors•ing.
1. to cause to fall from a horse.
2. to dislodge, as from office; unseat.
Past participle: unhorsed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unhorse - alight from (a horse)|