Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to unimproved: unimproved land
1. Not improved; not made better.
2. Not made use of or put to advantage.
3. Not built on or cultivated so as to increase in value. Used of land.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. not improved or made better
2. (Agriculture) (of land) not cleared, drained, cultivated, etc
3. neglected; unused: unimproved resources.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. not developed to full potential, as the mind.
2. not showing improvement, as one's health.
3. not used to advantage; neglected: an unimproved opportunity.
4. not made more useful, productive, or attractive, as land by clearing or cultivation or animal species by selective breeding.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unimproved - not made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially not made ready for use or marketing; "taxes on unimproved land are low"; "unimproved dirt roads"|
improved - made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially made ready for use or marketing; "new houses are springing up on an improved tract of land near the river"; "an improved breed"
|2.||unimproved - (of land) not cleared of trees and brush; in the wild or natural state; "a farm with 50 acres of unimproved and 68 acres of improved land"; "unimproved woodlands"|
uncleared - not cleared; not rid of objects or obstructions; "uncleared land"; "many cars were stuck in the snow on uncleared streets"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
unimproved[ˌʌnɪmˈpruːvd] ADJ [land] (= not drained) → sin drenar; (= not treated) → sin abonar; [property, house] → sin reformar
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007