Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to unionize: unionised
v. un·ion·ized, un·ion·iz·ing, un·ion·iz·es
1. To organize into a labor union.
2. To cause to join a labor union.
To organize or join a labor union.
un′ion·i·za′tion (-yə-nĭ-zā′shən) n.
1. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) to organize (workers) into a trade union
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) to join or cause to join a trade union
3. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) (tr) to subject to the rules or codes of a trade union
4. (Law) to join or become joined in marriage or civil partnership
ˌunioniˈzation, ˌunioniˈsation n
v. -ized, -iz•ing. v.t.
1. to organize (workers) into a labor union.v.i.
2. to join in or form a labor union.
Past participle: unionized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unionize - recruit for a union or organize into a union; "We don't allow people to come into our plant and try to unionize the workers"|
|2.||unionize - form or join a union; "The auto workers decided to unionize"|