uniparous(redirected from uniparously)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Producing only one egg or offspring at a time.
2. Having produced only one offspring; primiparous.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) (of certain animals) producing a single offspring at each birth
2. (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) (of a woman) having borne only one child
3. (Botany) botany (of a cyme) giving rise to only one branch from each flowering stem
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||uniparous - producing only one offspring at a time|
multiparous - producing more than one offspring at a time
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
a. unípara, mujer que tiene un parto simple.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012