universalist(redirected from universalistly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Universalism The doctrine, held especially by some Christian groups, that all people will eventually be saved.
2. The condition of being universal, as in range or application; universality: the universalism of a signaling system in human cells.
3. The belief that a particular theory or religion has universal application and is not limited in scope.
u′ni·ver′s·alist adj. & n.
a person who has a wide range of interests, knowledge, activities, etc
characterized by universality
u•ni•ver•sal•ist(ˌyu nəˈvɜr sə lɪst)
1. a person characterized by universalism, as in knowledge, interests, or activities.
2. (cap.) a member of a liberal religious denomination advocating Universalism. Compare Unitarian Universalist.adj.
3. (cap.) Also, U`ni•ver`sal•is′tic. of or pertaining to Universalism or Universalists.