Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Not educated; ignorant or illiterate.
2. Not skilled or versed in a specified discipline.
3. (-lûrnd′) Not acquired by training or studying: an unlearned response.
ignorant or untaught
un•learn•ed(ʌnˈlɜr nɪd for 1,2,5; ʌnˈlɜrnd for 3,4 )
1. uneducated; ignorant.
2. not scholarly or erudite; not learned.
3. not having been learned: an unlearned lesson.
4. known or possessed without having been learned.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unlearned - not established by conditioning or learning; "an unconditioned reflex"|
|2.||unlearned - not well learned |
unscholarly - not scholarly
|3.||unlearned - uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication; "an ignorant man"; "nescient of contemporary literature"; "an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues"; "exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions"|
uneducated - not having a good education