Also found in: Wikipedia.
v. un·linked, un·link·ing, un·links
1. To disconnect the links of; unfasten.
2. To separate as if by undoing links: unlink arms.
To become unfastened.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. to undo the link or links, for example rings, loops, or pieces of a chain, that connect (an object or objects); disconnect; detach; unhook
2. to break or remove the connection between (two or more things or people)
to separate or become disconnected
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. to separate the links of (a chain, bracelet, etc.); unfasten.
2. to detach or release as if by undoing a link or links: to unlink hands.v.i.
3. to become detached.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: unlinked
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011