Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. un·made (-mād′), un·mak·ing, un·makes
1. To deprive of position, rank, or authority; depose.
2. To cause the ruin of; destroy.
3. To alter the nature or characteristics of.
vb (tr) , -makes, -making or -made
1. to undo or destroy
2. to depose from office, rank, or authority
3. to alter the nature of
v.t. -made, -mak•ing.
1. to cause to be as if never made; reduce to the original elements or condition; undo; destroy.
2. to depose from office or authority; demote in rank.
3. to change the character of.
4. to alter the opinion of (one's mind).
Past participle: unmade
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unmake - deprive of certain characteristics |
destroy, destruct - do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house"