unmask(redirected from unmasked)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
v. un·masked, un·mask·ing, un·masks
1. To remove a mask from.
2. To disclose the true character of; expose.
To remove one's mask.
1. to remove (the mask or disguise) from (someone or oneself)
2. to appear or cause to appear in true character
3. (Military) (tr) military to make evident the presence of (weapons), either by firing or by the removal of camouflage, etc
1. to strip a mask or disguise from.
2. to reveal the true character of; disclose; expose.v.i.
3. to put off one's mask; appear in true nature.
Past participle: unmasked
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unmask - reveal the true nature of; "The journal article unmasked the corrupt politician"|
|2.||unmask - take the mask off; "unmask the imposter"|
uncover, expose - remove all or part of one's clothes to show one's body; "uncover your belly"; "The man exposed himself in the subway"
mask - put a mask on or cover with a mask; "Mask the children for Halloween"