Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Not diminished or moderated in intensity or severity; unrelieved: unmitigated suffering.
2. Without qualification or exception; absolute: an unmitigated lie.
1. not diminished in intensity, severity, etc
2. (prenominal) (intensifier): an unmitigated disaster.
un•mit•i•gat•ed(ʌnˈmɪt ɪˌgeɪ tɪd)
1. not mitigated; not softened or lessened.
2. unqualified or absolute: an unmitigated bore.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unmitigated - not diminished or moderated in intensity or severity; sometimes used as an intensifier; "unmitigated suffering"; "an unmitigated horror"; "an unmitigated lie"|
mitigated - made less severe or intense; "he gladly accepted the mitigated penalty"
1. unrelieved, relentless, unalleviated, intense, harsh, grim, persistent, oppressive, unbroken, unqualified, unabated, undiminished, unmodified, unredeemed She leads a life of unmitigated misery.
Completely such, without qualification or exception:
absolute, all-out, arrant, complete, consummate, crashing, damned, dead, downright, flat, out-and-out, outright, perfect, plain, pure, sheer, thorough, thoroughgoing, total, unbounded, unequivocal, unlimited, unqualified, unrelieved, unreserved, utter.
Chiefly British: blooming.