Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Not equipped with or connected to a plumbing system.
2. Not measured or sounded with a plumb: unplumbed ocean depths.
3. Not fully examined or explored: unplumbed ideas.
1. unfathomed; unsounded
2. not understood in depth
3. (Building) (of a building) having no plumbing
1. not plumbed; not measured with a plumb line.
2. not understood or explored in depth.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unplumbed - situated at or extending to great depth; too deep to have been sounded or plumbed; "the profound depths of the sea"; "the dark unfathomed caves of ocean"-Thomas Gray; "unplumbed depths of the sea"; "remote and unsounded caverns"|
deep - having great spatial extension or penetration downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or laterally or outward from a center; sometimes used in combination; "a deep well"; "a deep dive"; "deep water"; "a deep casserole"; "a deep gash"; "deep massage"; "deep pressure receptors in muscles"; "deep shelves"; "a deep closet"; "surrounded by a deep yard"; "hit the ball to deep center field"; "in deep space"; "waist-deep"