Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to unruffled: unhurried
1. Not agitated emotionally; calm: remained unruffled throughout the crisis; is known for her unruffled demeanor.
2. Not disordered or disturbed physically: "The big ketch lay motionless on unruffled water; the float line drifted slack" (Robert Stone).
1. unmoved; calm
2. still: the unruffled seas.
1. calm; composed; unflustered.
2. not ruffled, as a surface; smooth.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unruffled - free from emotional agitation or nervous tension; "the waiters were unflurried and good natured"; "with contented mind and unruffled spirit"- Anthony Trollope|
composed - serenely self-possessed and free from agitation especially in times of stress; "the performer seemed completely composed as she stepped onto the stage"; "I felt calm and more composed than I had in a long time"
|2.||unruffled - (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves; "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"; "the quiet waters of a lagoon"; "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"; "a smooth channel crossing"; "scarcely a ripple on the still water"; "unruffled water"|
calm - (of weather) free from storm or wind; "calm seas"
adj person → gelassen; sea → ruhig, unbewegt; hair → ordentlich, unzerzaust; bedclothes, sheets → glatt gestrichen; calm → unerschütterlich; she was or remained quite unruffled → sie blieb ruhig und gelassen, sie bewahrte die Ruhe; to be unruffled by criticism → sich durch Kritik nicht aus der Ruhe bringen lassen