unseasoned(redirected from unseasonedness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. Lacking experience and the knowledge gained from it; inexperienced.
a. Inadequately aged or seasoned; not ripe or mature: unseasoned wood.
b. Having no added seasoning: unseasoned meat and carrots.
1. (of persons) not sufficiently experienced: unseasoned troops.
2. not matured or seasoned: unseasoned timber.
3. (Cookery) (of food) not flavoured with seasoning
1. (of things) not matured, dried, etc., by due seasoning: unseasoned wood.
2. (of persons) not inured to a climate, work, etc.; inexperienced: an unseasoned crew.
3. (of food) not flavored with seasoning.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unseasoned - not aged or processed; "unseasoned timber"|
seasoned - aged or processed; "seasoned wood"
|2.||unseasoned - without salt or seasoning |
tasteless - lacking flavor
|3.||unseasoned - not tried or tested by experience; "unseasoned artillery volunteers"; "still untested in battle"; "an illustrator untried in mural painting"; "a young hand at plowing"|