unsling(redirected from unslinging)
tr.v. un·slung (-slŭng′), un·sling·ing, un·slings
1. To remove from a sling or a slung position: unsling a backpack.
2. Nautical To remove the slings of (a yard, for example).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
vb (tr) , -slings, -slinging or -slung
1. to remove or release from a slung position
2. to remove slings from
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
v.t. , -slung, -sling•ing.
1. to remove (something) from being slung: to unsling a rifle from one's shoulder.
2. Naut. to take off the slings of; release from slings.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: unslung
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011