1. Not stopped: an era of unstopped progress in medicine.
2. Having no stopper or plug: an unstopped bottle.
3. Linguistics Capable of being prolonged, as the consonants (z) and (l).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. not obstructed or stopped up
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics denoting a speech sound for whose articulation the closure is not complete, as in the pronunciation of a vowel, fricative, or continuant
3. (Poetry) prosody (of verse) having the sense of the line carried over into the next
4. (Music, other) (of an organ pipe or a string on a musical instrument) not stopped
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014