unstring(redirected from unstrings)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. un·strung (-strŭng′), un·string·ing, un·strings
1. To remove from a string.
2. To unfasten or loosen the strings of.
3. Informal To deprive of composure or emotional stability; unnerve.
vb (tr) , -strings, -stringing or -strung
1. to remove the strings of
2. (of beads, pearls, etc) to remove or take from a string
3. to weaken or enfeeble emotionally (a person or his nerves)
v.t. -strung, -string•ing.
1. to loosen or remove the strings of: to unstring a bow.
2. to take from a string: to unstring beads.
3. to relax the tension of.
4. to relax unduly or weaken (the nerves).
5. to weaken the nerves of.
Past participle: unstrung
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unstring - remove the strings from; "unstring my guitar"|
remove, take away, withdraw, take - remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract; "remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"; "take the gun from your pocket"; "This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
string - provide with strings; "string my guitar"