Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to upcountry: Elte
An inland or upland region of a country.
Of, located in, or coming from the upcountry.
adv. (also ŭp-kŭn′trē)
In, to, or toward the upcountry.
1. (Physical Geography) of or coming from the interior of a country or region
2. derogatory lacking the sophistication associated with city-dwellers; countrified
(Physical Geography) the interior part of a region or country
(Physical Geography) towards, in, or into the interior part of a country or region
up•coun•try(adj., n. ˈʌpˌkʌn tri; adv. ʌpˈkʌn tri)
1. of, relating to, residing in, or situated in the interior of a region or country; inland.n.
2. the interior of a region or country.adv.
3. toward, into, or in the interior of a country.