Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to updating: Bayesian updating
tr.v. up·dat·ed, up·dat·ing, up·dates
1. To alter so as to be up to date: update a textbook; update the files.
2. To inform (someone) with the latest information.
1. Information that updates something or someone.
2. The act or an instance of bringing something or someone up to date.
3. An updated version of something.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||updating - the act of changing something to bring it up to date (usually by adding something); "criminal records need regular updating"|
change - the action of changing something; "the change of government had no impact on the economy"; "his change on abortion cost him the election"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.