uvular(redirected from uvularly)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of, relating to, or associated with the uvula.
2. Linguistics Articulated by vibration of the uvula or with the back of the tongue near or touching the uvula.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Anatomy) of or relating to the uvula
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics articulated with the uvula and the back of the tongue, such as the (r) sound of Parisian French
(Phonetics & Phonology) a uvular consonant
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
u•vu•lar(ˈyu vyə lər)
1. of or pertaining to the uvula.
2. (of a consonant) articulated with the back of the tongue close to or touching the uvula, as the r-sound of Parisian French.n.
3. a uvular consonant.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Adj.||1.||uvular - of or relating to or associated with the uvula; "the uvular r"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
uvular[ˈjuːvjələʳ] ADJ → uvular
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj → uvular; the uvular R → das Zäpfchen-R
n → Zäpfchenlaut m, → Uvular m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007