uvular(redirected from uvularly)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of, relating to, or associated with the uvula.
2. Linguistics Articulated by vibration of the uvula or with the back of the tongue near or touching the uvula.
1. (Anatomy) of or relating to the uvula
2. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics articulated with the uvula and the back of the tongue, such as the (r) sound of Parisian French
(Phonetics & Phonology) a uvular consonant
u•vu•lar(ˈyu vyə lər)
1. of or pertaining to the uvula.
2. (of a consonant) articulated with the back of the tongue close to or touching the uvula, as the r-sound of Parisian French.n.
3. a uvular consonant.
|Adj.||1.||uvular - of or relating to or associated with the uvula; "the uvular r"|