References in periodicals archive ?
Researchers have studied nearly 5,000 births to compare complications between those over 35 - classed as geriatric mothers - younger mothers and mothers giving birth vaginally.
To assess the independent effects of mode of delivery analysed the gut microbiota development in 46 C-section and 74 vaginally delivered infants using stool samples collected 10 times during their first year of life.
(3) Babies delivered vaginally had an initial microbiome that was more similar to their mother's own vaginal micro-biota than to that of other babies born vaginally to other mothers.
Postpartum hemorrhaging is the number one cause of maternal mortality, with 70,000 women dying annually due to severe bleeding after giving birth vaginally. For years oxytocin has been administered to prevent hemorrhaging, however its temperature must be maintained between two and eight degrees from the moment of manufacture.
Model 1 is recommended for individuals age 29 and younger who have never delivered vaginally or by C-section.
Several studies have suggested that babies born by cesarean section are at higher risk for obesity in childhood than those born vaginally, perhaps because of differences in the babies' microbiomes.
To tackle the problem the WHO currently suggests an injection of oxytocin be offered to all women giving birth vaginally.
Schreiber, M.D., M.P.H., from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, and colleagues randomized 300 women who had an anembryonic gestation or in whom embryonic or fetal death was confirmed to receive pretreatment with mifepristone, administered orally followed by misoprostol administered vaginally, or to misoprostol alone administered vaginally.
PT-101 incorporates the active ingredient tamoxifen in a tablet formulation designed to deliver the drug vaginally.
Augmentation of abortion was undertaken with 200 [micro]g of misoprostol administered vaginally at 4-hour intervals.
SAN ANTONIO -- Investigators at the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, have come up with a simple scoring system to predict if an intact uterus can be delivered vaginally during laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Dictionary browser ?
- vaginal artery
- vaginal birth
- vaginal condom
- vaginal discharge
- vaginal smear
- vaginal ultrasound
- vaginal vault prolapse
- Vaginant leaf
- Vagn Walfrid Ekman
Full browser ?
- Vagilevich, Ivan
- Vagilevich, Ivan Nikolaevich
- Vagin, Vsevolod
- Vagin, Vsevolod Ivanovich
- Vagina, Ectocervix, Endocervix
- vaginae fibrosae digitorum manus
- vaginae fibrosae digitorum pedis
- vaginae nervi optici
- vaginae synoviales digitorum manus
- vaginae synoviales digitorum pedis
- vaginae tendinum carpales
- vaginae tendinum carpales dorsales
- vaginae tendinum carpales palmares
- vaginae tendinum digitorum pedis
- vaginae tendinum membri inferioris
- vaginae tendinum membri superioris
- vaginae tendinum tarsales anteriores
- vaginae tendinum tarsales fibulares
- vaginae tendinum tarsales tibiales
- vaginae vasorum
- Vaginally Assisted Laparoscopical Hysterectomy
- Vaginant leaf
- Vaginata virgata