Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to venous: venous pressure, venous bleeding, venous angioma, venous insufficiency, Venous ulcer
1. Of or relating to the veins in the body: venous circulation.
2. Of, relating to, or being the blood in the veins or pulmonary arteries that is usually dark red as a result of low oxygen content.
3. Having numerous veins, as a leaf or the wings of an insect.
[From Latin vēnōsus, from vēna, vein.]
1. (Physiology) physiol of or relating to the blood circulating in the veins
2. (Physiology) of or relating to the veins
[C17: see venose]
1. of or pertaining to a vein or veins.
2. having or composed of veins.
3. pertaining to or designating the oxygen-poor, dark red blood that is carried back to the heart by the veins and by the pulmonary artery.
ve′nous•ness, ve•nos•i•ty (vɪˈnɒs ɪ ti) n.
Relating to veins.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||venous - of or contained in or performing the function of the veins; "venous inflammation"; "venous blood as contrasted with arterial blood"; "venous circulation"|
venous[ˈviːnəs] ADJ (Med) → venoso
a. venoso-a, rel. a las venas;
___ blood → sangre ___;
___ congestion → congestión ___;
___ insufficiency → insuficiencia ___;
___ return → retorno ___;
___ sinus → seno ___;
___ thrombo-embolism → tromboembolismo ___;
___ thrombosis → trombosis ___.