Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
verd antiquealso verde antique (vûrd)
A dull green, mottled or veined serpentine used in interior decoration.
[Obsolete French, from Italian verde antico : verde, green + antico, antique.]
1. (Geological Science) a dark green mottled impure variety of serpentine marble
2. (Geological Science) any of various similar marbles or stones
3. (Elements & Compounds) another name for verdigris
[C18: from French, from Italian verde antico ancient green]
(or verde′) antique′(vɜrd)
1. a green mottled or impure serpentine, sold as a marble and used for decorative purposes.
2. any of various similar green stones.