Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The slope of a side of a mountain or mountain range.
2. The general slope of a region.
[French, present participle of verser, to turn, from Old French, from Latin versāre, to turn frequently; see versatile.]
1. (Geological Science) rare the side or slope of a mountain or mountain range
2. (Physical Geography) the slope of a region
[C19: from French, from verser to turn, from Latin versāre]
1. a slope of a mountain or mountain chain.
2. the general slope of a country or region.
[1850–55; < French]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||versant - the side or slope of a mountain; "conifer forests cover the eastern versant"|