Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to viatical: Viatical Settlement Companies
1. or vi·at·ic (vī-ăt′ĭk) Of or relating to traveling, a road, or a way.
2. Of or relating to a contractual arrangement in which a business buys life insurance policies from terminally ill patients for a percentage of the face value: a viatical settlement.
[From Latin viāticus, relating to a journey, from via, road; see via. Sense 2, from viaticum.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of or denoting a road or a journey
2. (Botany) botany (of a plant) growing by the side of a road
[C19: from Latin viāticus belonging to a journey + -al1]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
vi•at•i•cal(vaɪˈæt ɪ kəl, vi-)
1. of or pertaining to a viaticum.
2. of or pertaining toa form of insurance business that pays off on the insurance policies of the terminally ill.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||viatical - pertaining to the purchase of insurance policies from terminally ill policy holders; "viatical business"; "viatical companies"; "National Viatical Association"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.