1. Of or relating to a vicar.
2. Acting as or having the position of a vicar.
3. Serving in the place of someone or something else.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) of or relating to a vicar, vicars, or a vicariate
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) holding the office of a vicar
3. (Ecclesiastical Terms) vicarious: used esp of certain ecclesiastical powers
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
|Adj.||1.||vicarial - of or relating to or characteristic of a vicar|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.