vicinage(redirected from vicinages)
Also found in: Legal.
a. A limited region around a particular area; a vicinity.
b. A number of places situated near each other and considered as a group.
2. The residents of a particular neighborhood.
3. The state of living in a neighborhood; proximity.
[Middle English vesinage, from Old French, from vesin, neighboring, from Latin vīcīnus; see vicinity.]
1. the residents of a particular neighbourhood
2. a less common word for vicinity
[C14: from Old French vicenage, from vicin neighbouring, from Latin vīcīnus; see vicinity]
vic•i•nage(ˈvɪs ə nɪdʒ)
1. the region near or about a place; vicinity.
2. a particular neighborhood or district, or the people belonging to it.
[1275–1325; Middle English vesinage < Old French, =vesin near]