Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
vict·ual·eralso vict·ual·ler (vĭt′l-ər)
1. A supplier of victuals; a sutler.
2. Chiefly British An innkeeper.
3. Nautical A supply ship.
1. a provider of food or provisions
2. Brit an innkeeper
vict•ual•er(ˈvɪt l ər)
1. a person who furnishes victuals.
2. a supply ship.
3. Brit. an innkeeper.Also, esp. Brit.,vict′ual•ler.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||victualer - an innkeeper (especially British) |
Britain, Great Britain, U.K., UK, United Kingdom, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
|2.||victualer - a supplier of victuals or supplies to an army|