villous(redirected from villously)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to villously: villous atrophy
1. Biology Of, relating to, resembling, or covered with villi.
2. Botany Covered with long soft hairs.
[From Latin villōsus, hairy, from villus, shaggy hair.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) (of plant parts) covered with long hairs
2. (Zoology) of, relating to, or having villi
3. (Anatomy) of, relating to, or having villi
4. (Botany) of, relating to, or having villi
[C14: from Latin villōsus, from villus tuft of hair]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
covered with or of the nature of villi; villiform.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
a. velloso-a, velludo-a.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012