Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or made with wine.
2. Affected or caused by the consumption of wine.
3. Having the color of wine.
[Latin vīnōsus, from vīnum, wine.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Brewing) of, relating to, or characteristic of wine
2. (Brewing) indulging in or indicative of indulgence in wine: a vinous complexion.
[C17: from Latin vīnōsus, from vīnum wine]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of, resembling, or containing wine.
2. produced by, indicative of, or given to indulgence in wine.
3. wine-red; wine-colored.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.