Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to visualness: visual reception
1. Of or relating to the sense of sight: a visual organ; visual receptors on the retina.
2. Seen or able to be seen by the eye; visible: a visual presentation; a design with a dramatic visual effect.
4. Done, maintained, or executed by sight only: visual navigation.
5. Having the nature of or producing an image in the mind: a visual memory of the scene.
6. Of or relating to a method of instruction involving sight.
A picture, chart, or other presentation that appeals to the sense of sight, used in promotion or for illustration or narration: an ad campaign with striking visuals; trying to capture a poem in a cinematic visual.
[Middle English, from Late Latin vīsuālis, from Latin vīsus, sight, from past participle of vidēre, to see; see vision.]
vi′su·al·ness, vi′su·al′i·ty (-ăl′ĭ-tē) n.