Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to vital statistics: Social Security card
1. Statistics concerning the important events in human life, such as births, deaths, marriages, and migrations.
2. Informal The dimensions of a person's body, especially of a woman's body as measured around bust, waist, and hips.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Statistics) quantitative data concerning human life or the conditions and aspects affecting it, such as the death rate
2. informal the measurements of a woman's bust, waist, and hips
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. statistics concerning human life or the conditions affecting human life and the maintenance of population, as deaths, births, and marriages.
2. Facetious. the measurements of a woman's figure, esp. the bust, waist, and hips.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||vital statistics - data relating to births and deaths and health and diseases and marriages|
statistics - a branch of applied mathematics concerned with the collection and interpretation of quantitative data and the use of probability theory to estimate population parameters
statistic - a datum that can be represented numerically
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.