Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to vital statistics: Social Security card
1. Statistics concerning the important events in human life, such as births, deaths, marriages, and migrations.
2. Informal The dimensions of a person's body, especially of a woman's body as measured around bust, waist, and hips.
1. (Statistics) quantitative data concerning human life or the conditions and aspects affecting it, such as the death rate
2. informal the measurements of a woman's bust, waist, and hips
1. statistics concerning human life or the conditions affecting human life and the maintenance of population, as deaths, births, and marriages.
2. Facetious. the measurements of a woman's figure, esp. the bust, waist, and hips.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||vital statistics - data relating to births and deaths and health and diseases and marriages|
statistics - a branch of applied mathematics concerned with the collection and interpretation of quantitative data and the use of probability theory to estimate population parameters
statistic - a datum that can be represented numerically