voidance(redirected from voidances)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. The act of voiding.
2. The condition of being vacant; emptiness.
1. (Law) an annulment, as of a contract
2. the condition of being vacant, as an office, benefice, etc
3. the act of voiding, ejecting, or evacuating
[C14: variant of avoidance]
1. the act of voiding.
2. annulment, as of a contract.
3. vacancy, as of a benefice.
[1350–1400; Middle English, aph. variant of avoidance]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||voidance - the act of removing the contents of something|