wacke


Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to wacke: Arenite, lithic sandstone

wacke

(ˈwækə)
n
(Geological Science) obsolete any of various soft earthy rocks that resemble or are derived from basaltic rocks
[C18: from German: rock, gravel, basalt]
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The test work results showed that of the combined mass of the size fractions of + 10mm and + 4mm to minus 10mm from a composite of all ten samples subjected to the test work, an average of 45% of the sample mass was rejected as barren or insignificantly mineralised Quartz Wacke (the host rock of mineralisation), leaving 55% of mineralised Quartz Wacke available for milling and processing.
La CIDI 2.1 presenta una alta fiabilidad intervaluadores (Wittchen et al., 1991), test-retest (Wacke et al., 2006), asi como elevada consistencia interna (Wittchen, 1994).
The south side of the harbour Dieffenbach considered to consist of "much fissured wacke and basalt".
Croix belt is a highly deformed Cambrian-Ordovician (Tremadocian to Sandbian) sequence of shale, wacke, and quartzose sandstone; the Fredericton belt is a thick Silurian (Llandoverian to Ludlovian) sequence of wacke, shale, and calcareous sandstone (Ruitenberg 1967; Fyffe and Riva 2001; Castonguay et al.
131 ss.; ANDREAS WACKE, "Le finalita della sanzione penale nelle fonti romane", ID., pp.
Geologically, these claims straddle the contact of a granodiorite intruding high grade metasediments (migmatite) including a narrow bands of wacke of lower metamorphism.
21 y ss.; Wacke, A.: <<Unfalle bei Sport und Spiel nach Romischen und geltendem Recht>>, Stadion, 3(1), 1878-1879, pp.
The two samples with more than 15% of matrix were classified as feldspathic wacke (FIGURE 6) whereas the other samples were classified as arenites (FIGURE 6a).
Quartz Wacke Facies (MF1): This facies is 4.11m thick in the field.
WACKE. <<Circumscribere>>, gerechter Preis und die Arten der List.
de nuevo WACKE, "Circumscribere", gerechter Preis und die Arten der List, op.