Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to wads: Wada
1. A small mass of soft material, often folded or rolled, used for padding, stuffing, or packing.
2. A compressed ball, roll, or lump, as of tobacco or chewing gum.
a. A plug, as of cloth or paper, used to retain a powder charge in a muzzleloading gun or cannon.
b. A disk, as of felt or paper, used to keep the powder and shot in place in a shotgun cartridge.
4. Informal A large amount: a wad of troubles.
a. A sizable roll of paper money.
b. A considerable amount of money.
6. Vulgar Slang An ejaculation of semen.
tr.v. wad·ded, wad·ding, wads
1. To compress into a wad: wad a candy wrapper.
2. To pad, pack, line, or plug with wadding: wad a keyhole.
a. To hold (shot or powder) in place with a wad.
b. To insert a wad into (a firearm).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wads - a large number or amount; "made lots of new friends"; "she amassed stacks of newspapers"|
dozens, gobs, heaps, lashings, loads, lots, oodles, rafts, scads, scores, slews, stacks, tons, piles