Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A cane or staff used as an aid in walking.
2. Any of numerous slow-moving phasmid insects, chiefly of the family Phasmatidae, having a slender brown or green body that resembles a stick or twig. Also called stick insect.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Medicine) a stick or cane carried in the hand to assist walking
2. (Animals) the usual US name for stick insect
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a stick held in the hand and used to help support oneself while walking.
2. Also, walk′ing•stick`. Also called stick insect. any of several insects of the family Phasmatidae, having a long, slender, twiglike body.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||walking stick - a stick carried in the hand for support in walking|
cane - a stick that people can lean on to help them walk
stick - an implement consisting of a length of wood; "he collected dry sticks for a campfire"; "the kid had a candied apple on a stick"
supplejack - walking stick made from the wood of an American tropical vine
|2.||walking stick - any of various mostly tropical insects having long twiglike bodies|
phasmid, phasmid insect - large cylindrical or flattened mostly tropical insects with long strong legs that feed on plants; walking sticks and leaf insects
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
štap za hodanje
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
walking stick→ عَصَا الـمَشْي vycházková hůl spadserestok Spazierstock μπαστούνι bastón, cayado kävelykeppi canne štap za hodanje bastone da passeggio ステッキ 지팡이 wandelstok spaserstokk laska bengala трость promenadkäpp ไม้เท้า baston gậy chống 手杖
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009