Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The common recreation area and dining room for the commissioned officers on a warship.
2. The commissioned officers on a warship.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Nautical Terms) the quarters assigned to the officers (except the captain) of a warship
2. (Nautical Terms) the officers of a warship collectively, excepting the captain
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. (on a warship) the area serving as living and dining quarters and lounge for all commissioned officers except the commanding officer.
2. such officers collectively.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wardroom - military quarters for dining and recreation for officers of a warship (except the captain)|
military quarters - living quarters for personnel on a military post
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
wardroom[ˈwɔːdˌrʊm] n (Naut) → quadrato (di poppa)
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995