Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A dog that takes easily to the water, especially one trained for hunting waterfowl.
2. Informal A person who feels at home in or on the water.
3. often wa·ter·dog (wô′tər-dôg′, -dŏg′, wŏt′ər-)
a. See mudpuppy.
b. A larval tiger salamander.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Breeds) a dog trained to hunt in water
2. informal a dog or person who enjoys going in or on the water
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a hunting dog trained to retrieve waterfowl.
2. Informal. a person who feels at home in or on the water.
wa•ter•dog(ˈwɔ tərˌdɔg, -ˌdɒg, ˈwɒt ər-)
any of several large salamanders, esp. of the genus Necturus, as the mudpuppy.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||water dog - a person who enjoys being in or on the water|
|2.||water dog - a dog accustomed to water and usually trained to retrieve waterfowl|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
perro de agua
pies dowodnypies wodny
cão d'águacão de água
câine de apă