Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A dog that takes easily to the water, especially one trained for hunting waterfowl.
2. Informal A person who feels at home in or on the water.
3. often wa·ter·dog (wô′tər-dôg′, -dŏg′, wŏt′ər-)
a. See mudpuppy.
b. A larval tiger salamander.
1. (Breeds) a dog trained to hunt in water
2. informal a dog or person who enjoys going in or on the water
1. a hunting dog trained to retrieve waterfowl.
2. Informal. a person who feels at home in or on the water.
wa•ter•dog(ˈwɔ tərˌdɔg, -ˌdɒg, ˈwɒt ər-)
any of several large salamanders, esp. of the genus Necturus, as the mudpuppy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||water dog - a person who enjoys being in or on the water|
|2.||water dog - a dog accustomed to water and usually trained to retrieve waterfowl|
perro de agua
pies dowodnypies wodny
cão d'águacão de água
câine de apă