Also found in: Wikipedia.
Related to water purslane: Water primrose
1. A marsh or wetland herb (Ludwigia palustris) having reddish stems and small reddish flowers.
2. Any of various aquatic annual herbs of the genus Didiplis, especially D. diandra, of the eastern and central United States, having small greenish flowers.
3. Any of various other aquatic plants.
1. (Plants) an onagraceous marsh plant, Ludwigia palustris, of temperate and warm regions, having reddish stems and small greenish flowers
2. (Plants) any of several lythraceous plants of wet places that resemble purslane, such as Peplis portula of Europe, which has small pinkish flowers, and Didiplis diandris of North America, which has small greenish flowers