Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to water supply: Water supply engineering
1. The water available for a community or region.
2. The source and delivery system of such water.
1. (Civil Engineering) an arrangement of reservoirs, purification plant, distribution pipes, etc, for providing water to a community
2. (Civil Engineering) the supply of treated and purified water for a community
1. the supply of purified water available to a community.
2. the facilities for supplying this water.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||water supply - a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"|
facility, installation - a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; "the assembly plant is an enormous facility"
infrastructure, base - the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area; "the industrial base of Japan"
water main - main (a pipe or conduit) for conveying water