Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to water supply: Water supply engineering
1. The water available for a community or region.
2. The source and delivery system of such water.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Civil Engineering) an arrangement of reservoirs, purification plant, distribution pipes, etc, for providing water to a community
2. (Civil Engineering) the supply of treated and purified water for a community
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the supply of purified water available to a community.
2. the facilities for supplying this water.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||water supply - a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"|
facility, installation - a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry; "the assembly plant is an enormous facility"
infrastructure, base - the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area; "the industrial base of Japan"
water main - main (a pipe or conduit) for conveying water
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.